724-776-6667 / 724-538-5172

Auto Insurance

Auto insurance coverage is a must. But there is a dizzying array of coverage types out there. Which ones do you need? Which ones are nice-to-haves? We’ll explain that here.

Bodily Injury Liability
If you’re in an accident and another person is injured, this covers their medical bills and lost wages. It doesn’t cover your injuries (see below). This is usually required by the state (for good reason).

Property Damage Liability
If you’re in an accident and you damage someone else’s property, this covers their expenses. Again, it doesn’t pay for your own damages. You’ll need collision or comprehensive for that. See below.

This is the insurance that will cover you when you are in an accident. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is. This is the one that’s going to pay your repair bill after the deductible which are you are responsible for.

Want to see our service and value in action? Start by getting a quote.

This is what you need when your car suffers damage NOT due to a collision. It’s everything else from a tree falling on your car to an errant golf ball cracking a window. Again, your repair bill is paid by this after the deductible.

Medical Coverage
If someone on the policy is injured in an automobile accident, this coverage pays for medical or other expenses. It doesn’t matter whose fault the accident was. This is similar to personal injury but limited to medical expenses.

Towing Coverage
This simply covers the cost of towing your car.

Rental coverage
If your car needs to be repaired after an accident for which you are covered, rental coverage pays for a rental car so that you can continue to drive during that time. There are typically limits as to the amount per day and on the number of days covered.

Lease Loan Security Coverage
This coverage provides additional protection in the event of a total loss to a covered auto. Coverage is provided for the difference between the actual cash value of the auto and the amount due under the terms of the lease/loan, less items such as overdue payments and carry-over balances from previous leases/loans.

Replacement Cost Coverage
If your auto is two years old or less and it’s involved in an accident where it’s a total loss, this coverage will pay to replace your auto.

Repair Coverage
If your car is involved in an accident and it’s two years old or less, this coverage will pay for the repair without deducting for depreciation.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Liability
If you’re involved in an accident where the other party is at fault and they don’t have enough insurance to cover your expenses, this coverage kicks in there to make up the shortfall.

At Weber Insurance we think it makes sense that you know what you are buying when it comes to auto insurance.

Want to see our service and value in action? Start by getting a quote.

Frequently Asked Questions

Insurance can sometimes seem confusing. That’s why we’ve put together a list of answers to frequently asked questions about ERIE®’s auto insurance. Your ERIE agent can also answer any other questions you may have. What should I do if I get in an accident?

  •  First, help anyone who is hurt.
  • Call the police right away if someone is hurt, the damage is extensive, or something has been stolen.
  • Contact your ERIE agent.
  • Get the names, addresses and license plate numbers of everyone involved, including witnesses.
  • Keep your car (and other property) safe from further damage.

What claims services can I expect from ERIE? Each ERIE policy is a promise of service. That’s why we use our own claims adjusters, whenever possible, insuring that your claim will be settled quickly and fairly by people who know our coverages and understand our service philosophy. Our claims services include:

  • The assurance that you’ll be promptly contacted after reporting a loss, in most cases the same day.
  • After-hours service allowing you to report losses after normal business hours, on weekends and on holidays, by calling 1-800-367-3743.
  • ERIE Glass SM Program, 1-800-552-ERIE, which simplifies auto glass repair and replacement.
  • A Direct Repair Program that lets you choose your own repair shop.

Am I covered if I borrow someone else’s car? Yes, damage will be covered if you have comprehensive and collision coverage through ERIE. This would apply to any damage not covered by the owner’s policy. Also, liability coverage applies as long as you have permission to be using the vehicle. What are physical damage coverages? This term applies to comprehensive and collision coverages. Besides damage to your vehicle, the coverage includes things like broken glass and damaged equipment caused by hitting an animal, bird or falling object. If I rent a car, will it be covered if I damage it? The coverage you have on your own vehicles also covers use of rental cars. If I loan my car to someone else, is there coverage? Yes, unless that person is specifically excluded on your policy. If I rent a truck or trailer to move, does my auto insurance cover it? Yes, with an ERIE policy, your liability and physical damage coverage purchased on your owned autos will extend to a rented or borrowed moving truck with up to six wheels. If you rent a truck with more than six wheels, you should consider purchasing a collision damage waiver from the rental company. Your ERIE policy also extends up to $2,000 in physical damage coverage, as well as liability coverage, to trucks and trailers you do not own.