Originating in the 1960s, Medicare is a government-provided fee-for-service insurance program intended primarily for seniors. The program encompasses several distinct parts, each of which is outlined below.
- Medicare Part A covers facility-based care such as hospital visits, emergency room services, hospice, and nursing home care.
- Medicare Part B covers traditional outpatient treatments and services, including vaccinations, lab tests, mental health services, outpatient operations, durable medical equipment, and most other medical services not performed in a hospital.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) covers elements of Parts A, B, and sometimes D.
- Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs.
- Medigap comes through private insurance companies and aims to fill in the “gaps” left in the traditional Medicare coverage.
Know Your Choices
While standard Medicare offers coverage for a wide variety of services, you may find that a different plan through a separate insurance carrier better fits your needs. If you are interested in an alternative plan, we can help you find coverage through either Medigap or Medicare Advantage. Both of these plans offer additional support through third-party insurers, and they are required to provide equal or better coverage when compared to regular Medicare.
Contact Us Today
If you believe that Medigap or Medicare Advantage is right for you, contact us today to discuss your insurance options.
*Disclaimer: We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.